Benefits: Tell visitors about your benefits, not your features
Want your website to really shine? Then focus on the benefits customers gain from working with you rather than just the products and services you offer.
Before you jump in and begin writing the content for your website, it’s important to make sure you can clearly articulate why a customer should pick you over the competition. If you’re already spent a lot of time refining the marketing messages for your business, these first two steps will be easy for you.
If you’re still in the developmental stages, these first two steps are the building blocks you can use to create content for your website as well as all your other marketing materials.
So, let’s start by developing a list of benefits for your business or organization.
Follow these 4 steps provided by our friends at copyblogger:
- List all of the features your product, service, or brand has.Narrow it down to the features that are most likely to hook your prospect:
- Point-and-click site design controls
- Mobile responsive layouts
- One-click automatic theme updates
- Examine what each feature does, or why you’ve included it:
- Easily customizes your site in fewer steps
- Adjusts to fit any device: hand-held, tablet, or PC
- Keeps your site updated and secure at the click of a button
- Take your list of what your features do and ask yourself how they connect with your prospect’s true desires:
- The ease and ability to change your own website in minutes without the need or expense of a developer
- No complaints from customers that they can’t find your product or services or see your site’s content correctly on their mobile device
- No more worrying about hours of redesigning or coding to get your site to look the way it did before platform updates
- To get to the bottom of each feature’s true benefit, keep asking the question “What does this mean for your prospect on an emotional level?”:
- Freedom from having to pay a developer every time you want to change something on your website, and full creative control at your fingertips
- The relief and happiness of knowing that your prospect will always be able to get in touch with you or buy your product or services no matter what device they are using
- The confidence that your website is secure, looking great, and working for you regardless of how many versions of WordPress come out.