Position overview – Project Manager:
Accountable to: Operations
As our Project Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in driving our clients’ marketing campaigns across multiple platforms and website development projects forward. Your mission is to fully understand the strategy of each project for a client and ensure that our team members are assigned the right tasks to make the vision come to life.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be a pro at prioritizing tasks and juggling multiple project components at once. You’ll be the go-to person for everything related to project management, and you’ll work closely with the Director of Operations and Account Management to make sure that the projects you oversee are aligned with our clients’ needs and expectations.
But this isn’t just about ticking boxes and completing tasks. As Project Manager overseeing a variety of content, we’re looking for someone who can think outside the box and bring a fresh perspective to the table. You’ll be encouraged to be creative, innovative, and not afraid to try new things.
At 8 SIGNAL, we pride ourselves on delivering results that speak for themselves. And that’s where you come in. Your ability to lead the charge and ensure that our content initiatives are on point is critical to our success. By making sure that our clients’ online presence is engaging, dynamic, and optimized for results, you’ll be a key player in helping us drive growth and build lasting relationships with our clients.
If you’re passionate about marketing, love to learn, and have a knack for communicating in all forms, we want to hear from you.
Join us and be part of something truly special!
An 8 SIGNAL Project Manager will embody 8 SIGNAL’s core values:
- A dedicated team player who honors their word and lends a hand
- A humbly confident individual who takes ownership of their actions, both successes and failures
- A self-motivated creative problem-solver who is not afraid to think outside the box
- A joyful and friendly colleague who promotes positivity and kindness.
Qualities and Experience:
- Organized & detail-oriented
- Strong communicator
- Strong Project Management skills
- Self-starter, creating a structure to keep themselves and team members on task.
- 2-3 Years experience in Marketing/Advertising, project management, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Degrees in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications fields preferred but not required (preferred)
Leadership, Management, & Accountability (LMA)
Create/analyze/implement strategy (w/ Marketing Strategist)
Set/maintain/analyze scopes, budgets, schedules
Client communication/reporting (primary POC)
Communication/reporting to Operations and Account Management
- Collaborate with and manage a team: The PM will oversee the team’s work capacity and available resources in order to prioritize and distribute work across team members. The PM will also be responsible for coordinating work between the project team and client as well as third-party vendors and other external resources.
- Analyze and implement marketing strategy: The PM will analyze and understand a project’s strategy, map out goals and tasks required to implement that strategy, and work with the creative team and client to maintain brand and messaging consistency.
- Manage timelines and scope: The PM’s job is to set and execute the project’s timeline/deadline, budget, and scope. The PM also builds internal team timelines that provide a buffer for unforeseen variables to ensure that expectations and deadlines shared with the client are met.
- Maintain organization within projects: The PM is responsible for keeping projects updated in the project management app (Asana), coding projects and tasks, keeping project files organized in Google Drive, and ensuring all project files are linked and easy to find.
- Reporting and communication: The PM provides regular status updates to clients and company leadership, highlighting the progress and status of deliverables. The PM also communicates any changes to deadlines or scope with the project team and client.
- Communicate with the leadership team: The PM will coordinate with applicable team leaders and other project specialists to scope projects, determine proper budgets, and ensure we have access to the right assets to deliver a quality product. The PM will also be responsible for notifying and assisting the Director of Operations to recruit, vet, and select freelancers.
Typical monthly & weekly duties:
- Oversee the completion of project briefs and marketing strategy materials, specifically the Buyer Persona & Before/After Transformation Grid.
- Communicate with Content SEO Strategist to add topics to the Editorial Calendar/ Strategize (create and plan) search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for website and content.
- Collaborate with marketing /design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Provide content strategy insight for general website updates and enhancements, e.g. website copy and calls-to-action placement.
- Manage content distribution to online channels/SM platforms to increase web traffic
- Ownership of all analytics and reporting for content marketing efforts. Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations to provide professional development and continued education opportunities for the Content Marketing team
- Stay up-to-date with AI developments and latest content marketing trends to generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Coordinate premium content production, like newsletters, flyers, etc.
- Present analytics to clients and check in to see if content is exceeding expectations.
- Keep client’s social media presence on track by overseeing the scheduling and publishing of posts in PM software.
- Create, revise (if needed), and complete personal and professional contribution to corporate quarterly goals.
Measurements of Success:
- Increases in SEO keyword rankings.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (i.e. conversions, submissions, purchases, increased website traffic, MQLs, social media engagement, etc.). “How well are we accomplishing our client’s goals and objectives?”
- Clearly defined content distribution during particular stages of the Customer Value Journey (lead nurturing).
- Improved/maintained strong internal operational efficiency, content quality, and team morale.
- Reports generated by the Content Strategist (such as increased SEO statistics, lead generation, etc.), ensuring that 8 SIGNAL’s content marketing strategy is on track for a client and making adjustments to sales, content strategy, etc. when needed.
- Customer feedback (Google Reviews, direct feedback of performance, etc).
Required Software Skills:
- G-Suite: Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, & Google Sheets
- Basic understanding of WordPress and Elementor is a plus
- Twenty hours per week at $12-$15 per hour